Wilson, BA, MSc, AmCAM, managed tandem projects before working with UKRC, then Bradford College. She joined Health Education England in 2015 and Royal United Hospital Bath at the end of 2016. Ruth rejoined Health Education England in 2018 as Regional Business Manager (South).
Communications, Advertising and Marketing Certificate, Trinity and All
Saints University College, Leeds
of the 1999 Bill Ward Trophy for the highest achieving student, Communications,
Advertising and Marketing (Yorkshire)
Planning in Developing Countries,
London School of Economics
Education (distinction), Bradford and Ilkley College
English, American and Commonwealth Arts, Exeter University
Recent courses include:
- Leadership for Improving Frontline Talent: a 14 day course run by the NHS South Leadership Academy for clinical and non clinical staff across the healthcare system (2017).
- Systems thinking in healthcare: 5 day course at Masters level at the University of Leeds (2016).
- Leeds GovJam: prototyping innovative service design to solve challenges faced by the public sector (2015).
- Open University: Improving Operational Performance (2015)
- University of Edinburgh and Coursera: online MOOC on E-Learning and Digital Cultures, Jan-March 2013.
- University of Leeds: series of workshops on research ethics, 2012 and 2013.
- Prince2 Foundation Course and Registered Practitioner Course, APM Group: Meeting standards to AMG/QMS/Registered Practitioner Certification, Oct-Nov 2008.
In 2014, Ruth's online artwork College Knowledge won a top prize and accolades in the David Hockney Building Art Competition. Find out more.
You can listen to 'The Guide to Being a Solenodon' on SoundCloud.
In 2010, Ruth became the first non-member Trustee of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, later becoming Chair and then member of its Communications Committee (to 2015).
She is a proud investor in the fixer/maker start-up Sugru.